Thursday 12 December 2013

What you believe about Art?


Today’s prompt I have to write six hundred words about what I believe about art. Art can mean many different things depending on what type of person you are. I believe that art can be inspiring to those, it can be stress free, making art can bring out the creative side in you. When I was eight years old I loved to draw and paint. My mom enrolled me to a take art classes with a famous artist here in Saipan. I learned different techniques by using pastels, watercolors, acrylic, oil pastels, and charcoal. When my mom could no longer afford to pay for my classes my teacher lowered the class price for me because he said I had potential and he wanted me to learn more and to keep drawing. I stayed in his class for a couple more months until he moved to Capitol Hill where he was too far away for me to attend his classes so I had to stop. I never stopped drawing though. I don’t draw much realistic drawings anymore but I draw more of doodles and cartoons. I use my art to express who I am because words are not only enough. I don’t draw and show off to people though; I really hate showing people what I draw. But I keep them all in my room. I haven’t been doing anything art related recently just because I haven’t had so much free time I used to.

So I believe that art is a good way to express oneself. Many famous art works inspire some people. Someone could be inspired on the painting Mona Lisa, American Gothic, The scream, The Kiss, The Persistence of Memory or even the famous Vincent Van Gogh starry night. To some, art is a way of bringing faith, hope, and love back into their lives. Or even just bring back some sort of meaning into their lives. If you’re not inspired by art then maybe you’re just there to enjoy paintings that are up for you. To marvel at the work people from had made many centuries ago.

Art can be an inspiration to those and it could be a stress free way to relax

No comments:

Post a Comment