Sunday 8 December 2013

How do I connect to others?

Today’s prompt is “How do I connect to others?” there are many different ways a person can connect with others for this prompt Mr. Lee is asking how do we the students connect with other people through technology or social sites. For me to connect with others I go on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Edmodo, Instagram and Skype. J

twitter logoTwitter is a social blogging site in a way where you can voice out your thoughts, or go fangirling on your favorite singer (Mine is Austin Mahone ;)) Twitter is a great place to make new friends and to interact with others. And there’s this Retweet button where you can retweet the quote or whatever the person typed down and that can be on your account as well, with retweeting you know you’re not alone and that there are other people out there you can relate to.

LogoWell we all know Facebook, Myspace used to be the “go to site” until Facebook appeared after that Myspace just died out. Facebook is not only a social site to go on but also you could message family members and see how they are doing and message friends for homework. You can make a group page for extracurricular activities, classes, or just for your friends. For Facebook you can also post pictures of family trips and selfies. You can go through other people’s profiles and press the “Like” button if you do like it.

Tumblr logoNext social site I visit to is Tumblr!!! I love Tumblr. So basically what Tumblr is, is a site where you can blog or post photos and gifs that you like. I blog a lot maybe I’m on my 10,000 reblog but that’s not as much as a tweet, which would be like 21,000 tweets. In Tumblr  for me there isn’t much interaction but I can see that a lot of people can feel the same way I do if the notes (you get that if you press the heart icon) are a large amount.

Okay Edmodo is the least used site that I use for connecting with others. So an Edmodo is and does look like Facebook but it’s for education purposes. I started using Edmodo this year because I really wanted to learn Japanese but my school doesn’t provide any language classes other than Mandarin. So one day on the high school bulletin I saw a flier talking about online classes, as I was looking at the list of classes they had I saw Japanese one! So I signed up for it and one of the requirements was to create an Edmodo account. So Edmodo is mainly for academic purposes and not only do I use it for Japanese but there is a Mock trial club I join as well where I am also added through Edmodo.

I realized these are a lot of places where I connect with others and it’s all through the use of internet. Tsk. My other use is Instagram just a site posted photos of you or whatever you like. It’s like a Tumblr I guess but you can’t reblog it. And lastly I use Skype. Skype is a video calling place where you can call and video chat with anyone who has Skype and can get access to the internet. I use it mainly to video call with one of my best friend in the Philippines.


So I’ll make this brief. Other than the use of internet I use my cell phone to connect with others. So yeah these are all the sites, devices, and etc. that I use to connect with others all over the world and in our very tiny island Saipan J

No comments:

Post a Comment